Research Project ProposalsApplications are now closed
The New Mexico IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (NM-INBRE) is seeking proposals for 1-year research PILOT projects from researchers at eligible member institutions**. Interested researchers must submit a complete proposal and application packet on or before February 1, 2023 through the NM INBRE Project Application Portal. This funding prioritizes short-term, highly focused projects that will result in peer-reviewed publication and/or federal research proposal(s). Investigators should propose a project period that does not exceed 12 months and falls between April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024. Detailed descriptions of the Pilot project requirements and eligibility is available at NM-INBRE Support for Research. Proposal and application instructions are available at the application portal.
** PILOT Project openings are currently available for investigators at Eastern New Mexico University, New Mexico Highlands University, New Mexico State University, New Mexico Tech, Northern New Mexico College, San Juan College, University of New Mexico Main Campus, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Western New Mexico University.
Funding level 1: $5,000 – $25,000
Funding duration: One year maximum
- Highly focused, short study that fits within one or more NM-INBRE thematic research areas
- Senior or junior-level investigators can be awarded
- Can be independent or collaborative* (see note on following page)
- Aims to develop results for publication and NIH R‐type grant proposal
- Projects involving human subjects or vertebrate animals must have IRB and/or IACUC approval in place at the time of submitting the complete invited proposal/application
- Due to the short-term duration of the project period, projects defined by the NIH as Clinical Trials will not be permitted
Research-Intensive (RI) Institutions
- New Mexico State University (NMSU)
- University of New Mexico, Main Campus (UNM-Main)
- University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center (UNM-HSC)
NM-INBRE Network Primarily Undergraduate Institutions (PUI)
- Eastern New Mexico University (ENMU)
- New Mexico Highlands University (NMHU)
- New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (NMT)
- Northern New Mexico College (NNMC)
- San Juan College (SJC)
- Western New Mexico University (WNMU)
SBC Pilot Award RFP
The New Mexico IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (NM-INBRE) Sequencing and Bioinformatics Core (SBC) invites you to apply for a pilot project award to drive your research, publications and grants!Award amount varies depending on various factors including your organization’s affiliation with INBRE, RAIN or NM-INBRE. Award may require a co-contribution.
Proposals from ‘non’ NM-INBRE investigators will require a co-contribution to foster state, regional and national INBRE collaborations. Funds spent towards sequencing through NCGR or our partner can count towards this co-contribution.
Past winners may apply, but new applicants have priority if all other factors are equal.
On any material presented or published based on this work, acknowledgement of:
Funding provided by the NM-INBRE Sequencing and Bioinformatics Core (SBC) at NCGR through NIGMS IDeA-Award P20GM103451.
NM-INBRE SBC staff supporting the project and inclusion as co-authors. We will review and write sections of posters and papers.